Friday, October 19, 2012

NaNoWriMO Time!

Skye here.  It seems unfair that I have to post on Fridays. Evil, even. Because by the time I make it to Friday, I'm so ready to be done with the week. Not that I don't enjoy writing these posts, but when my brain has already headed out the door on vacation, it's one thing that's hard to remember to do. Mini-rant over. Real post begins now...

It's NaNoWriMo time! (Yes, I mentioned it in my last post, but whatever.)

That's right, writing fans. November is just around the corner. And you know what that means?  Holidays, family, chaos. Oh, yeah, and trying to squeeze 1,667 words out of your exhausted, deep-fried brain every single day.

Yes, 50,000 words in one month. I'm going to try and do it this year. Of course, I say that every year and I've really only managed to achieve it twice. Maybe three times. I can't remember (it's Friday!). But it's definitely do-able.

I don't really do much to prepare. I'm not a plotter, so I don't outline or anything like that. I mostly just ponder the idea that most fully formed in my head on Nov. 1 and go with that. My life, much like my writing, is often by the seat of my pants.

What about you guys?  Are you going to do it this year? Do you plot ahead of time? Does it kill your soul just a little bit to try and do this during the holiday months? Or are you grateful for an excuse to escape the in-laws and high calorie cooking?

More importantly, what are you going to write about?  I'm thinking I'll start a YA I've been vaguely considering.

Happy trails!



2 comments:

  1. Mostly doing a few #1k1hrs and writing sprints to let my mind rest between study sessions. I would be DELIGHTED if someone had resources for this. My brain just seems to work when I'm "competing" in that type of environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Do have fun Skye! I'll be doing Nano this year again too. Last year was my first time and really had a great time with it. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! Just don't be a dick. Or we'll hunt you down.

Our Theme Song