Friday, May 3, 2013

Ugh. Exercise.

I am, as you know, a writer. I'm also a lawyer. Both of these professions involve spending a lot of time in front of a computer. Which means I'm also overweight. Super fun.

And like most of America, I often wish I weren't. So when my best friend called me in March and told me that I was doing a triathlon with her in May, I reluctantly agreed. Partially because I needed a reason to get back into shape and partially because you don't say no to my best friend and live to talk about it (she's scary!).

So I reluctantly got back on the treadmill and the exercise bike. I haven't practiced swimming, which may be a problem tomorrow when I leap into Lake Havasu early in the morning, but I'm assuming I remember how to swim. If not, I'll sink peacefully to the bottom of the lake and not have to worry about the biking or running parts.  Win-win  :)

At any rate, time has flown by quickly and, if you can't tell, I'm petrified about my expedition into the world of triathlons tomorrow morning. Really early. Have I mentioned I'm not thrilled about this whole prospect?

My trials and tribulations aside, remember that just because you're a writer doesn't mean you should leave a sedentary life. Make sure you get up and move around or brainstorm while walking or something. I want you to live a long full life so that I can read your books  :)

That's my basic message today: Don't forget to exercise. Think good thoughts for me tomorrow, obscenely early in the morning when I'll be struggling to remember what to do with my arms and legs in the water. After that, I'll just be muttering terrible things about my best friend as I struggle to complete the triathlon (and you guys thought I was evil!). Whee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! Just don't be a dick. Or we'll hunt you down.

Our Theme Song