Saturday, August 10, 2013

Movie Marathon

This weekend, a friend and I are planning on marathonning the Bourne movies. I've only ever seen the first two, and she hadn't seen the most recent one, so (as I've posted before, obviously) we're starting at the beginning.

Outside of the movie perspective, I find the book series interesting. Mind you, I've never read any of the books, so I'm talking about this totally out of the blue. Don't rant at me about a lack of research, because I'm not going to do any. I'm just really good at giving my opinions without worrying about the tedium of fact-checking.

At any rate, my point is about the Bourne trilogy, which is actually more books now (and not in the hilarious way that the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy did a trilogy). But Robert Ludlum died and never wrote the fourth one. Someone else did (and no, I don't know who, and I'm not going to google it to find out). I mean, that sort of thing happens all the time, but I still find it kind of odd.

I remember being utterly surprised when I learned that the Nancy Drew series, written by Carolyn Keene, was actually written by a variety of different authors, all of who used the same pseudonym for continuity. Shocked, I tell you. I mean, I'd read a million of them as a kid and never even considered the idea that Carolyn Keene wasn't a real person.

But it kind of boggles the mind. I mean, I don't know if I could duplicate someone else's writing style. I like to think I'm kind of unique, but who knows, maybe someday someone will come along and write the sequel that I'm delaying on writing. Heck, that might same me some time  :)

I'll be pondering that change of author while I'm busy ogling Matt Damon and Jeremy Renner. Have a good weekend and don't let anyone steal your pseudonym and write your books for you. Unless you're into that sort of thing  :)

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, yes, Renner and Damon ogling. What a wonderful plan for your weekend!
    You probably already know this, but on the off chance you don't, I'll tell you. The Renner one is set side-by-side with the third Damon one. There are scenes in the one that are different camera angles on scenes in the other, basically. Cool the way they did that, and much more effective if watched one right after the other, as I didn't do.
    Anyway, enjoy your moviethon!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! Just don't be a dick. Or we'll hunt you down.

Our Theme Song