Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Con Prep!

Eep! I looked at the schedule yesterday with an "Oh shit, don't forget to blog." Then what did I do? Completely forgot.

My only excuse is that I have con-brain. I leave in less than 72 hours for the Romantic Times Booklovers' Convention and I'm all mushy with the things I need to get done. Promo, packing, arranging stuff for the kids and dogs...

But I wouldn't change a thing. RT is my favorite con every year because there are sooooo many people I only get to see there. So all the stress and panic is well worth it.

The one thing I haven't really prepped is my liver, but it remembers what alcohol is like, so I should be okay. I hope.

Anyway, if you are going to be in the New Orleans area (or at RT specifically), please look me up (and remind me to eat and hydrate).


I’m actually arriving early in New Orleans, so feel free to say hi if  you are at the convention hotel. Unless I’m otherwise engaged, I’m available for drinks, chats, practice pitches, pretty much anything goes. (It is NOLA, after all.)
Official stuff:
Wednesday 2:30-4:45 — Entangled’s Candy & Spoons Event
Thursday 10:00-11:00–STEAMPUNK:Putting the “Steam” in “Steampunk”
Thursday 1:30-2:30–Clockwork Carnivale Tea
Thursday 6:30-8:30–RT Pub Crawl (I’ll be with Entangled Publishing at Bourbon Heat)
Friday 11:15-12:15–STEAMPUNK: From Aether to Zeppelin (Steampunk Basics)
Saturday 11:00-2:00–Giant Book Fair
Saturday 6:15-6:45--FanTastic Day Party
I will likely be at ALL of the last parties of the night, but that’s not official stuff, so…

One big reminder about book conventions and authors. Most of us are introverts, so we're as nervous about meeting you as you are about meeting us. We have to actively put on our "time to talk to live people" hats when we walk through the door. So, please, come up and say hi because if you don't, we're likely to just stick with our known people...and none of us wants to be seen as that author who ignores fans in favor of other authors. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! Just don't be a dick. Or we'll hunt you down.

Our Theme Song