Via Audry Taylor on Facebook, here are a collection of links, phone numbers, and other resources.
- Twitter hashtag to search for is #BostonMarathon
- If events are triggering you, call Disaster Distress Line 1-800-985-5990. Twitter ID is @distressline & FB page is is.gd/xuwIFS
- Families in search of loved ones: 1-617-635-4520
- Information leading to an arrest: 1-800-494-TIPS
- Google has created a Boston Marathon Explosion person finder bit.ly/XCXqzC
- Follow @BostonGlobe on Twitter for news updates.
- Cell phone service may have been shut off in Boston to prevent remote detonations. The full police force is out on duty doing their job.
- Confirm information before you share it. Do not share old information like "there's been another explosion" if it's several minutes old. Try to stick to most recent info. Turn off your social media if you need to. Take a break if you need to.
Also, writers, now is a *great* time to turn off scheduled promo tweets and the like. It can't always be helped but keep in mind that even when you aren't directly involved in something like this, I guarantee some of your followers are. If not somber, be respectful, please. There are always more important things going on than your promo.
Remember, be gentle with people. Not just today but always.
Love and hugs to Adrienne and her family. The ELEW are here if you need us.