Saturday, September 7, 2013

Finding the balance...

Yesterday I got some bad news. In fact, it's been kind of a crappy week for a lot of my friends. Especially some of the evil ladies here... but at any rate, it's a rough week. Life isn't going exactly the way I wanted it to, but you know, that's life. (That's also why this post is late... sorry!)

On the other hand, Today I left for vacation with some of my favorite people, so I get to spend a week hanging out in Yellowstone and hiking and kayaking and playing board games. Yeah, hiking and kayaking maybe not my first choice of vacation activities (which include reading and drinking fruity cocktails), but I'm being brave :)

So, I'm trying to find the balance. Yes, yesterday sucked, but today should be great. And the coming days will also be great (assuming I don't get eaten by a bear, but my friend didn't put death by bear on the itinerary, so I'm assuming it won't happen).

I think that's sometimes just what you have to do. Acknowledge that sometimes, things suck. But try and keep in mind that things get better.

Unless it's your characters and you're controlling their lives. In that case, torture the crap out of them and then burn the bridges. Eventually they get a happy ending, but make them work for it.

And cross your fingers that who ever is writing your plot is more generous than you are.

So I'm off to go hang out with some fun people I don't see often enough and distract myself from the other crap.

I hope you all have a great weekend, and if it's not great, there are probably great things coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! Just don't be a dick. Or we'll hunt you down.

Our Theme Song