Friday, October 5, 2012

Working Hard or Hardly Working?


Woah. I have been crazy busy the last few weeks. Real life, real job stuff, not writing, unfortunately. But still busy nonetheless. Which is why I was astonished to discover that Monday is a holiday for me. The US federal government takes Columbus Day off and at my office, if the courts are closed, we're closed.

Hooray!  Bonus day I was not expecting!  To celebrate, I shall find an indigenous people and oppress them and/or give them syphilis. Thanks, Mr. Columbus!

The funny thing about being crazy busy at work is that I feel like I accomplish nothing at home. After a full day at the office, I just want to go home and sit on my butt and do nothing. So tedious things like cleaning, cooking, and oh, writing, get put aside to deal with when I'm less pooped. As a result, then I feel like I'm accomplishing nothing. Working hard AND hardly working. I'm an enigma and proud of it.

I have been thinking about NaNoWriMo, though. I'm hoping that it gives me the goosing I need to get back on track with writing. I did pretty good last year - writing during lunch breaks and at home. Of course, recently, lunch breaks have been figments of my imagination as I slurp soup while trying to read court documents and/or draft someone's will. Hopefully things ease up as November rolls around. (Ha. Hahahahaha. Right. Like that's going to happen as the holidays get underway. I crack myself up sometimes.)

At any rate, nothing super writery to report today, just some rambling from an overtaxed brain.

Do you get a three day weekend?  Do you really think Columbus Day should be a federal holiday?

1 comment:

  1. Your Columbus Day is the Canadian Thanksgiving. Therefore it should be a day off for those of you who are honorary Canadians.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! Just don't be a dick. Or we'll hunt you down.

Our Theme Song