Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Keep It Simple, Stupid!

 
KISS--sucktastic band, and also my favourite idiom. Why? Because it works in so many situations. Take this one for example:
 
When I was a kid, I was super duper skinny. So skinny people thought I had an eating disorder. I could eat absolutely anything I wanted. And I did. Which meant I had piss poor eating habits and when my family's chub genetics kicked in while I was in my twenties, I ballooned. Now, I'm having to learn how to eat properly and even more important, exercise. Ick. Blech. Ew.
 
In my weaker moments, I troll the internet for get slim quick tricks. And guess what? There are millions of them. Do they work? Hell no. Don't waste money on fad diets and skinny scams. Keep it simple, stupid. Healthy eating and exercise is the only proven method of getting into shape.
 
Same goes for writing. Don't waste time looking for the trick that will make writing a novel a breeze. The only way to write...is to write. And it's damned hard work. You need to exercise your brain the same way you exercise your other muscles. Get a routine that works for you, and stick to it best you can. Sure, you'll have days when you slack off, and that's okay. As long as you keep trying.
 
Eventually, writing becomes a habit. You won't even have to think about it anymore. It'll just be a part of your day. It will be simple. You write. The end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! Just don't be a dick. Or we'll hunt you down.

Our Theme Song