Friday, February 28, 2014

Favorite kids books?

Okay, I need a list of the best books for kids. I read SO MUCH as a kid, but I don't remember the books I read when I was really little, or rather, the books my parents read to me.

I feel like reading was such an important part of becoming a writer as an adult. I don't know of a single writer who doesn't read a lot as well. Stephen King said it best: “If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.” 

Obviously, not everyone reads at a young age - I suppose there may be people who got into reading when older. But for me, it started way before that. I don't remember learning how to read (that may be because I apparently suffered brain damage and don't remember most of my childhood), but I think it's because I learned to read before I started forming permanent memories. 

At any rate, I need books that I should stockpile now for the future kidlets. I mean, I have to brainwash my kids into loving books as much as I do, right?

So, speak up internet... what can't I miss?

Skye

1 comment:

  1. The Rabbit's Wedding, by Garth Williams. All time best. But for reading to your kidlets...To absolutely have on hand: Winnie the Pooh, The Wind in the Willows, Secret of Nihm, Goodnight Moon (or Goodnight DUNE if you want to have some real fun) All the backwards fairy tales like The True Story of the Big Bad Wolf etc. SO many good books.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! Just don't be a dick. Or we'll hunt you down.

Our Theme Song