Friday, November 1, 2013

NaNoWriMo

Ready, get set, write!

(I'm taking a break from the Norse mythology postings to discuss current events)

What? You haven't started writing yet? YOU'RE ALREADY BEHIND!!!

Yeah, I'm in a weird mood. I'm thrilled it's November, partially because of NaNoWriMo, and partially because for us Americans, we get Thanksgiving. I also get to celebrate my husband's birthday.

I wasn't too sure about NaNoWriMo this year, because I've got a lot of stuff going on. A lot. As in, my first ever trial this Monday (and I only heard about it from my boss last week). Panic! But, on the other hand, my husband is abandoning me for a week, so I'll have plenty of time to crank out 50,000 words while he's gone, right? Right?

I may have to quit my job to make it happen :)  Not that I needed an excuse...

So, hands up. Who's doing NaNo this month?

I think I'm going to write a chick lit thriller. Weird combo? That's what NaNoWriMo is for. Writing that crazy stuff that may never see the light of day... or may be the next bestseller. It's all fun :)

Alright, everybody *claps hands* Back to work. You need your 1,667 words today!

2 comments:

  1. Me! I'm doing Nanowrimo. Only I'm cheating with a book that's already partly written. And I'm only a little behind on word count.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't worry about being behind... I just quit, and I hadn't even started :) This year, it's just not going to happen...

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! Just don't be a dick. Or we'll hunt you down.

Our Theme Song